Statement of Corporate Safety Objective
Dennis M. McCoy & Sons, Inc. is committed to being an industry leader in health and safety. Our company-wide goal is zero accidents on all projects. Our outstanding safety culture has garnered recognition from the mine safety and health administration M.S.H.A. the occupational safety and health administration O.S.H.A. as well as numerous other state and local agencies. By establishing programs and policies that extend far beyond compliance, we are continually looking for, and finding, new ways to establish and implement the safest practices and policies in the industry.
Our Corporate safety objective is to provide a safe and healthy working environment for our employees and to encourage off-the-job safety for all employees and their families. We believe the causes of industrial accidents can be controlled and the occurrences can be constantly reduced.
- Accident prevention is an integral part of the operation of our business, ranking with production, quality service and cost.
- Accident prevention is good, sound and efficient management to assure safe operations in all of the company's activities.
- Accident prevention is the responsibility of every member of management and personnel to carry out.
Our policy is to promote safety and prevent accidents on and off the job and in the community by the constant application of every reasonable and practical means available.
- Provide safe working conditions and a healthful environment in which to work.
- Protect our employees, our customers, the public, and company property from the results of accidents.
- Promote and encourage off-the-job safety for all employees and their families.
The following means are used in implementing our policy:
- Incorporate safety into the planning, design, purchasing, fabrication, construction, operation and maintenance of all company facilities, equipment and projects.
- Provide or make available protective clothing and equipment.
- Provide an efficient safety organization with an effective accident prevention program.
- Recognize safety as a factor in judging management's performance.
- Comply with federal, state, and local laws and ordinances pertaining to accident prevention and working conditions.
- Supply the best first aid and medical services in the event of an injury.
- include well-planned efforts to promote the safety of employees and their families while off the job.
WHAT WE'VE ACHIEVED
- Over a million combined man hours worked in the mining industry with perfect record of no lost time accidents.
- Awards from the State of Wyoming DEQ for our work in reclaiming numerous acres of serene prairie with careful consideration to re-creation of wild life habitat.
- 11+ Achievement awards received from the Wyoming State Mine Inspector for perfect safety Record.